Updated: October 12, 2022
Michelle Vallejo is a fighter for South Texas working families. Monica De La Cruz supports policies that only benefit millionaires like herself. De La Cruz would make costs higher for South Texas working families and seniors.
Swing voters district wide need to see on TV, OTT, YouTube and read that Michelle Vallejo will fight for working families because she is one of us, while Monica De La Cruz looks out for big corporations and millionaires like herself.
- The daughter of hard-working Mexican immigrants who lived paycheck to paycheck, Michelle Vallejo understands the struggles that working families in South Texas are facing to get ahead. Michelle watched her mom’s long battle with Multiple Sclerosis, which forced her to go to Mexico to afford treatment and prescription drugs. As a small business owner and community leader she's been fighting to make things better for the Valley’s working families.
- Michelle Vallejo knows the impact that the rising cost of gas, utilities, food, and prescription medicine is having on working families. As the owner of Pulga Los Portales, a community market that is a fixture in South Texas, Michelle has helped launch countless small businesses and create better-paying jobs in our region. During the pandemic, Michelle stood up for workers and small businesses by keeping her doors open.
- In Congress, Michelle Vallejo will work to make college more affordable, expand job training, lower the cost of healthcare, and make housing affordable in South Texas.
Voters equally need to see TV ads and digital ads, and voters need to receive direct mail, that Monica De La Cruz isn't on our side.
- Monica De La Cruz supported cutting taxes for the biggest corporations in America and millionaires like herself, making middle-class families in the Valley pay more. De La Cruz will not look out for our vulnerable parents and grandparents. She supports budgets that would threaten Medicare and would privatize Social Security, gambling our hard-earned benefits on Wall Street.
Female voters district wide that are concerned about attacks on reproductive healthcare need to receive direct mail and learn more in digital ads about Monica De La Cruz’s extreme anti-choice position on abortion.
- Monica De La Cruz would ban abortion, even in cases of rape or incest, and supports criminal charges for doctors and anyone who helps a woman get an abortion.